Improving your English language requires a lot of reading too. Hence, it is important to invest your time and efforts in reading a book that proves to be beneficial for your language skills. We give you the top 5 novels to read in order to improve your English. Reading a good book helps you to expand your vocabulary and make yourself familiar with different phrases and sentence structures along with the enjoyment of good stories.
Tablets and e-readers make learning the English language even easier. If you are unfamiliar with a particular word, you can click on it and fetch its meaning along with good information. On Kindle, you can even add new words you’ve learned to its Vocabulary Builder feature, which is stored on the device.
Here are some of the chosen top 5 English novels to help you improve your English faster!
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. One of the top 5 novels is The Wind in the Willows is a classic tale which takes place in the English countryside and tells you the adventures of the animals that live by the river. Grahame has used simple language in the book backed by imaginative stories which makes this a pleasurable read for kids as well as adults.
- Old man and the sea by Ernest Hemingway. Hemingway is well known for his clear and straightforward writing style along with short sentence structures. This proves to be great for English language learners and many people have also read it in school. The book is all about the courageous tale of a Cuban fisherman and his fight to land a giant marlin and it’s a perfect introduction to Hemingway as an author.
- Lord of the Files by William Golding. Lord of the Files is a modern classic along with a popular study text for schools across the world. It talks about a group of boys who are isolated on a desert island, the society it makes descends into a ruthless behavior. Dramatic and descriptive language is used by Golding, near to poetry which makes you feel as if you are in the scenes itself.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell. Animal farm is a short and allegorical novel which tells you the story of animals rebelling against their human masters. It is a fantastically written satire of the Stalin era in the Soviet Union. The author uses simple English language to appeal to all the reading levels with a good approach. The animals in the book speak in short and clear sentences.
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Tuesdays with Morrie is a great book to pick up a more conversational style of reading and writing. Tuesdays with Morrie is a great book to read aloud. When Mitch Albom reconnects with Morrie Schwartz, his former college professor, he learns valuable life lessons and shares with readers all the funny, insightful wisdom that Morrie reveals in the last months of his life.
Get your hands on these top 5 novels to improve your English language skills with a heap of good vocabulary coming your way!