Improvement in the English language needs a lot of reading, which is why it is essential to read and invest in good books that give you a lot of knowledge in return! A good book will help you in expanding your vocabulary and will teach you a lot of phrases with the added benefit of a mindblowing story.
Top 5 English novels are:
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. The Wind in the Willows is a classic tale in English countryside. This novel tells you about the adventures of the animals living near the river. The author has made use of simple language and has supported the story with amazing imagination which is a big reason to read this novel!
- Old man and the sea by Ernest Hemingway. Hemingway is an author who is best known for his amazing writing style along with short sentences and crisp writing. This makes it amazing for the beginners as they can go ahead in reading this novel. The book talks about the courageous tale of a Cuban fisherman and his fight to land a giant marlin.
- Lord of the Files by William Golding. Lord of the Files is a modern classic novel that is also a famous study text for the school across the globe. The story is regarding a isolated group of boys on a desert island, the society it makes descends into a ruthless behavior. The author has made use of dramatic and descriptive language.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell. Animal farm is a short novel which tells you the story of animals who are on a rebel with their human masters – the novel is a satire of the Stalin era. Simple English language is used by the author.
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Pick up a reading and writing style with the novel – Tuesdays with Morrie. Tuesdays with Morrie is a great book to read aloud.