At times, it is hard to tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Usually, fiction talks about the plot, characters, and settings that are created all with the help of the writers’ imagination. On the other hand, non-fiction is actual stories that are real and it is focused on real people, real events, and facts too. Because there is a thin line between fiction and non-fiction, both of them have different meanings.
What is fiction and non-fiction?
- Is an imaginary wriitng
- Based on facts, real events, real people.
- Fiction is subjective.
- There can be various/several points of view.
- It is deeper in the interior.
- Non-fiction is totally based on facts.
- It loses its clarity if it is tampered with false thoughts.
- Non-fiction is objective.
- It has an authorial point of view.
- It is focused on the exterior.
FICTION AND NON-FICTION DIFFERENCE
Remember that even though fiction and non-fiction are different in their own ways, they can be used in forms of entertainment like film, television, plays, etc.
If explained in a single sentence, know that fiction is totally fabricated and is totally based on imagination. Some examples of fiction are short story, novels, fairy tales, etc.
On the other hand, non-fiction is totally based on reality and facts as it talks about true events. Some examples of non-fiction are biographies, journals, etc.